Keeping up the tradition of “New Year, New You” doesn’t have to stop with a gym membership. Just ask our experts at Arceneaux Pest Management and Termite Control. The new foundation for improvement actually starts with checking your home for termites. Start the year off right by keeping the following termite tips in mind for protecting your Baton Rouge home.
Termite Control Tips To Protect Your Turf
According to the National Pest Management Association, termites cause $5 billion in property damage each year. That being said, there are quite a few steps you can take as a homeowner to prevent a termite infestation.
- Reduce Moisture: Termites thrive on the moisture in and around your home in order to survive. Mitigate this by making sure that structural areas of your home are staying dry.
- Repair Leaking Pipes and Exterior AC Units: Remember the leaky pipes your wife asked you to fix last January? Now is as good of a time as any to take that bull by the horns. While you are flexing your do-it-yourself muscles, check the exterior AC for leaks to be on the safe side.
- Check The Basement Foundation: Make sure you are actively replacing weather strips. Don’t forget to check for loose mortar around the foundation.
- Hollow Wood Is No Good: If you tap wood and it sounds hollow then it’s time to call a professional.
- Check For Mud Tubes: Mud tubes are used by termites to reach a source of food.
- Keep The Wood At A Distance: Storing firewood near your home can be like ringing the dinner bell. Try and keep it at a minimum of 5 feet from your house.
- Hire A Professional: Knowing what to look for is great, but leave the final judgment to the professionals. Consider scheduling an annual inspection to start your year off right.
Through preventative measures are important, termites are not a do-it-yourself job. If you notice any of the aforementioned signs of infestation, contact Arceneaux for the appropriate treatment.
Termite Control Solutions
So, you’ve identified a possible problem and contacted our team for a solution, now what? Well, we understand that dealing with a termite problem can seem very overwhelming. Especially when thinking about the damage they do to homes every year. Our team starts by identifying if there is an actual problem through a free inspection. After a colony is identified, we decide to utilize one of the following treatments:
- Termidor Treatment: A virtually odorless chemical treatment system. It is EPA-approved and not only kills termites effectively but can also prevent future infestation.
- Baiting System: This process involves placing Trelona bait stations around your home. They gradually kill the termites one by one.
After we have effectively executed the appropriate treatment we schedule a follow-up to make sure you are staying termite-free. Remember, each situation is very different and may require our team to adjust the approach. At the end of the day, it’s all about eliminating the infestation in a comfortable way for you. That’s the Arceneaux way of dealing with termites.
Call Arceneaux To Schedule Annual Termite Control In Baton Rouge
Our resolution is to keep your new year termite-free! Call us to schedule an annual inspection at 225-791-9911. We provide a free quote with a smile. When you call our team, you can feel assured your problem will be taken care of in a fast and friendly way every time. Protect your home by contacting our team today.