Termites are a nuisance-as-old-as-time for homeowners and often cause thousands of dollars in damages if you ignore the problem. That being said, a common question we get from potential customers is, “will the treatment harm my pets?” and we understand where you’re coming from! Our team at Arceneaux knows your pets are members of the family. Because of this, we utilize some of the safest termiticides on the market today. So don’t fall victim due to a classic pet safety misconception. Schedule a free inspection today and know that your pets and your home are in safe hands.
Why Pet Owners Should Have No Fear When Termites Are Near
Many companies in our line of work utilize a “spray and pray” method when it comes to administering termite treatments. At Arceneaux Pest, we believe this method is ineffective and has the potential to under or over apply the termiticide. Instead, we utilize Termidor and flow meters to assure a safe and consistent termite treatment.
All the products we use are EPA regulated and safe when applied in accordance with their labeling. In fact, the active ingredient in Termidor is “Fipronil”, which is the same active ingredient in most pet flea medicines. This coupled with the use of flow meters for chemical regulation allows for a safe and effective treatment every time.
Safety for your family and pets is our top priority when it comes to treating your home. So don’t wait until it’s too late! Contact us for a pet-safe termite treatment solution!
Tips For Protecting Against Termites
Protecting your home against termites may seem daunting, but following a few tips from the professionals can set you up to be termite free.
- Did you just say wood? Termite issues often occur when wood comes in contact with the ground. Eliminate wood to soil contact whenever possible by having a concrete support. Additionally, make sure wood siding, doors, and window frames are at least six inches above ground level.
- No moisture near the foundation! Moisture attracts termites big time. Take some time putting in gutters, downspouts, and splash blocks to properly divert water away from your home.
- Water in the crawl space is bad news! Humidity and moisture within crawl spaces is a breeding ground for termites. Try to reduce this by ventilating the crawl space.
- Take it easy Paul Bunyan… Stacking firewood or wood debris inside crawl spaces or along buildings is like ringing the dinner bell for termites.
- It’s just becoming too MULCH for words! Many homeowners find the aesthetic of mulch to be inviting, but try to use it sparingly. If you already have termites or other conducive conditions, mulch has the potential to attract additional colonies since it has water-retaining properties, and it’s wood.
- Keep your day job and leave it to the professionals. While the measures we listed above are good practices for deterring termites, the best preventative measure to take is termiticide treatment. Some things happen even when you use a safeguard, and it never hurts to be sure. Call trained professionals who know what they are doing to administer your termiticide.
Interested In A Pet Safe Termite Solution?
At Arceneaux Pest Management Service we keep the golden rule in mind when it comes to our service. You don’t have to take our word for it either, check out what our customers have to say about our work. If you would like a custom solution for your termite problem, give us a ring at 225-791-9911 or schedule a free quote by visiting our contact page. We look forward to hearing from you!