Mosquitoes: the uninvited guest at about every outdoor event. If mosquitoes are biting, it is impossible to enjoy your time outdoors. People refer to these insects as the state bird because they are so prevalent in Louisiana. The basics of mosquito control in Baton Rouge are necessary to know if you spend any time outside. Get facts from a first-rate mosquito control company in Baton Rouge.
Simple Mosquito Control at Home
Mosquitoes thrive in damp environments like Louisiana. So, what does moisture have to do with mosquito control in Baton Rouge? Well did you know that mosquitoes can breed in as little as one inch of standing water?
To control mosquitoes in Baton Rouge, it’s key to find and drain sources of standing water. Well, what does standing water really look like? Being in such a wet state, we tend to overlook puddles as a part of our daily life. Other things to keep in mind include:
- Open containers left outside for extended periods. Punch holes as necessary in containers left outside so that water will drain.
- Take a look above and check your gutters often. They can also become a source of standing water if they accumulate with leaves and debris.
- Like to swim? If you have a pool, make sure to keep it clean and chlorinated. We know, this is a constant pool of standing water. So what can you do? Place a pool cover over the top during an extended period without use.
- Keep grass and hedges trimmed. During the daytime, mosquitoes like to rest in overgrown grass or in the shade of any shrubs where it is cool. By keeping the yard trimmed and free of any leaves you can deprive mosquitoes of a resting spot.
- Make sure you don’t have any standing puddles out in your yard. This could be a prime breeding ground. And, by fixing this landscaping issue, you could also fix any possible yard or foundation damage.
With just a bit of effort, you can really give your home a fighting chance against mosquitos. But, the battle doesn’t stop there. Because you can’t entirely control the elements or your neighbors, mosquitos can still put a damper on your outside fun time. So then maybe it’s time to give us a call.
How Does Professional Mosquito Control Work?
Take the necessary steps to best enjoy your outdoor environment. Our professional mosquito control services kill mosquitoes for several days at a time. This allows for more pleasant outdoor gatherings for your family and guests. Our service takes from 20-30 minutes for a front and backyard. It depends on the size of the yard. One of our technicians will come to your property with a misting machine. This mist can cover large areas and will integrate into the surrounding foliage. After the mist dries, it is completely safe for kids, pets, and adults to resume outdoor activity. So you can enjoy a quick meal and be outside again in no time.
Reclaim Your Outdoor Freedom
Louisiana has outstanding weather in the spring and summertime. Don’t let pests interfere with your time in nature. Take care of your property and enjoy your time outdoors. With our mosquito control in Baton Rouge, your yard will be mosquito-free all summer. Enjoy the sun without getting bitten! Call Arceneaux today and always have the freedom to enjoy the open air.
Don’t hesitate to call us at (225) 791-9911 or take advantage of our online form. Customer service is always our top priority. Our rates begin at $70 per month for mosquito control in Baton Rouge. Arceneaux’s mosquito control services in Baton Rouge make for an unforgettable summer outside.